Golf WA's Tiger Tour is BACK!
Posted on July 26, 2022
The Crunch&Sip GolfWA Tiger Tour is Coming Back to Collier Park!
This time, on 31st August March
3:54pm First Tee Off
Collier Park Golf Course has partnered with GolfWA again to bring a popular event to our community, specifically designed for your young golfers to enjoy a no-pressure, all-fun round of golf!
Utilising Collier Park’s Lake course, where each fairway will be shortened to make it easier to reach the green, the Tiger Tour event is the first of its kind in Perth to help create a pathway into golf for those that may not have experienced a full golf course before.
And this time, it will include an exciting final challenge for your future golf stars, to hit it over our famous 5th hole lake! (Perfect photo and video opp for you parents who are going to tag along).
GolfWA’s Tiger Tour event, after school on Wednesday 31st August, is designed for kids wanting to use their skills learned in beginner golf clinics and get a taste for being out on the course. The Tiger Tour is open to all children aged 4 to 12 years old and consists of five half-length holes using modified rules and scoring to ease players into this great game.
All equipment is provided for those who don’t have their own. Parents are responsible for their kids behaviour and can come onto the course to take those all-important action photos!
Date: Wednesday 31st August 2022
Time: Tee times from 3:54pm (arrival time 3.30pm)
For: All children aged 4 to 12 years old
Venue: Collier Park Golf Course
Entry Fee: $12
Enter Here via the GolfWA website. (If this is your child’s first event, you’ll need to create an individual Mitournament account to register – it’s super easy!)
Tiger Tee Rules:
To be played in conjunction with the official rules of golf.
- Tiger Tee to Green – a player is allowed 7 shots if the player is not on the green in 7 shots they pick up and place the ball on the nearest edge of the green.
- Tiger Tee Golf – allows a maximum of 10 shots per hole, if the player has not holed out in ten shots they pick up and score 10 (and place a circle around the 10). Scores of 1 to 10 shots where the player has holed out record the score without the circle.
- Bunkers – should a player’s ball come to rest in a bunker the player is allowed 1 shot to get out, if the player is not successful, they lift and place the ball on the fairway next to the bunker (not nearer to the hole).
- Rough – if a player’s ball comes to rest in the rough a player may pick up and drop the ball within two club-lengths of the fairway (but still in the rough), not nearer the hole.
- Penalty Area – if a player’s ball enters a penalty area it is a 1 stroke penalty, and the player can place a ball within two club-lengths of where it entered the penalty area, not nearer the hole.
- Out of Bounds – if a player’s ball is out of bounds it is a 1 stroke penalty, and the player can place a ball within two club-lengths of the fairway but not nearer the hole.
- Windy (miss hit) – should a player swing and miss the ball this is not counted as a shot.
If you want your child to be a part of it, you can sign them up here!